Friday, January 23, 2009

30 Years Ago...

On Wednesday, January 24th, 1979, a little girl was born... ME!!!

My mom used to tell me the following story every year and today was no different as she called to say, "Exactly 30 years ago at this time, I was getting ready to leave for the hospital. Last night your dad and I finished wallpapering your room around midnight. Then I had popcorn. I woke up to the start of labor. There was a lot of snow on the ground and I told your father I thought he should stay home from school. He snowblowed the driveway and we headed to the hospital around 10am. You were born at 2:18pm"... she always has much more to say than that, but I'll spare you - lol.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!



My mom with me in the hospital


My first birthday cake...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Hope you are celebrating 30 in a big way.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Bday, Amy!

Alison Portis said...

I'm a little late, but HAPPY DAY!

cristy cross said...

Wow you look so much like your momma. Happy bday, a little late. I also wanted to say I watched the video SarahQ did of your fam on Davinas blog. So touching and made me cry. Love when you sing to Jay at the end. Loved loved loved it.
muah
Also, I'm going to the BLEND workshop by Jesh, Image is found, and Jose Villa. Interested?

Sassy said...

Hey,
I was the first one to wish you a happy birthday, even if it wasn't on your birthday...even if I thought it WAS your birthday, but it wasn't. So, I decided to wish it to you again, later than your birthday. I'm gettin a head start on next year (ha!)