Saturday, February 14, 2009

Carmella ~ My FIRST Survivor Session

Let me start this entry by sharing that when Paul's sister was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer at age 29, last October, I hated that I was not there to take family pictures for them before she started chemo. Having that desire so heavy on my heart has spurred an idea. I am still working out all of the details, but coming soon, I will be offering mini-sessions for those women who are faced with the news that their lives will forever be changed by breast cancer. It is a long journey so many women face and with the grace of our God and the help of modern medicine, most women survive this battle. However, when you hear the news that you or someone you love dearly has been diagnosed, it is heart-wrenching none the less. If you are reading this and are a woman who has recently been diagnosed or have a family member who is going through this, my heart and prayers go out to you. If you or someone you know might be interested in a free mini-session, please contact me for more information. I am currently only offering this locally in Texas. I only have so many openings for these sessions, so please write me at amy@amydeyoung.com and tell me your story. I am calling these the Survivor Sessions, because I believe in the power of the spoken word and I know that these women are survivors!

Having shared all of that, I wondered how I would start this venture. Well God obviously put this on my heart for a reason, because our neighbor, Carmella, emailed me about doing pictures before she went in for her double masectomy. She had her surgery last week and all went GREAT!! The doctor said that she is healed! Here are some pictures from her Survivor Session that we did before the surgery...



















1 comment:

Gwen said...

I love that you're doing this. What a special gift for deserving women. Beautiful pictures. I'm sure she's thrilled to have them. I'll look forward to seeing more stories of hope as they cross your path!