Saturday, August 11, 2007

Erin & John ~ e-session in Grandville, MI

I am now back from my trip to Michigan. It was wonderful! I got to catch up with old friends and family. The reason for the trip was to do John & Erin's e-session. Erin & John have been good friends for several years now and I feel honored that they chose me to be their wedding photographer! We had such a fun time venturing around town. Both John and Erin are huge hockey fans and enjoy playing. Paul and I used to play with them when we lived in Michigan. (We love Hockey too!) I can't take the credit on this one though... It was all John's idea to go to the indoor rink to take some pictures. While Erin politely tried to help me find a way out of doing so, I immediately said "YES!!" ...brilliant. I had so much fun spending the day with them and am really looking forward to their wedding this fall! They truly build eachother up and are going to be tremendously blessed in their marriage. Congratulations you two!!

CLICK HERE FOR THE SLIDESHOW























10 comments:

Mamacita Chilena said...

small world, I'm from Grandville MI, although I don't know the two kids in your shoot...I do recognize all the locations! I read your about section and see you went to Hope. I have tons of friends that graduated from there.

And then oddly enough you lived in Tampa, well I graduated from University of Tampa.

Interesting, I feel like I should know you some how, maybe I do!

Now and Then Photography said...

It was so good to meet you last week in NB. I can't wait to get to know you more. You are so very talented, I love your site.
Lisa Woods

Amy DeYoung said...

How funny! Thanks for the comment. Maybe our paths will cross, since we have so much in common :)


Lisa! It was great meeting you too! I'm really looking forward to our next get together :)

Stacy Cross said...

Gorgeous work, friend! :) These are awesome!

Love your bud,
Stacy

Jennifer Nichols said...

Hey Amy!
These are great! Love the hockey rink pics...looks like you were laying on the ice for a few. Love 'em!

Anonymous said...

AMY THESE ROCK! We are so happy with how they turned out! I don't know if the slideshow has been there all along, but I just saw it and LOVE all of the other pictures too! Thank you so much! We had a blast with you up here & wish we could get together more often :) Talk to you soon!

Erin & John

Amy DeYoung said...

Thanks Stacy and Jen! Yes, I was laying on the ice and it was COLD! but worth it :)

Erin & John - I had soo soo much fun with you two! I wish we were closer so we could hang out more :) You two are so photogenic and I can't wait for your wedding!! I'm glad you love them :)

Stacy Cross said...

I had to come back and see these again - wow, they are fabulous! :)

Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Awww I love the ice skating idea.

Thanks too for tagging me. A lot of other people have been too so I guess I need to break down and do that sometime this week. :-) It was great learning more about you though!

Daniel J. Watkins said...

Those are awesome Amy! I've always wanted to do an ice skating e-session (still holding out for Sasha Cohen to call me for her wedding). :)

Keep up the great work!

--Dan