Monday, August 18, 2008

Ethan & Elizabeth ~ Holland, MI 08.02.08

Where do I begin? This was such a special wedding for me to photograph. Paul and I got to be guests as well as photographers. I'll try to explain in as few words as possible... yea right.

First, many many years ago, I met Ethan's mom, Karen. She has played a very important role in my life throughout. She was my audiologist. She is the person that introduced the symphony of life to me. If you don't know, I wear hearing aids. Most people have no clue because they are that small and my speech is normal. I've had many pairs over the years and with each new pair, new technology and new sounds that I've never picked up on before. All of this, thanks to Karen. Did God ever place her in my life!

Then, Ethan and I went to school together starting in kindergarten until he transferred in High School. You see, he was one of the two boys all of the girls had crushes on (yes, including me.) Along comes Paul. We meet, fall in love, get married. Come to find out, Paul and Ethan have been really good friends since High School. Also, Ethan's dad, Dave, coached soccer - both my family and Paul's. I think that sums it up... nice nutshell, huh.

The wedding was the first time I met Elizabeth, and I couldn't be happier for the two of them! I already knew that Ethan was one of those rare finds, really good heart, loving, gentle, funny, love for God..(a lot like my Paul). So when I met Elizabeth and could tell right away that she was all of those things too... I'm so happy for you both! Congratulations and may God bless your marriage.

Here are some of my faves...






















Mint Julips for everyone, in honor of Mamaw...








The Steel Drum Band...


















A ride in the possibly sinking "Night Moves"...






2 comments:

Rachel Brooke said...

They are such a cute couple!
There are so many wonderful shots but the last one is just gorgeous!

Nerdyspice said...

I love my wedding pics, but seriously wish we had a row boat handy for ours!